Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...

From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Jul 93 11:49:26 EDT
Subject: Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Well, to be honest I regret having ever gotten sucked into
this mess, since I'm not even on the Tape Tree list.  Jorn asked
me to act as an intermediary between himself and Chris W who
are no longer on speaking terms.

I had originally believed that Chris had PAL-NTSC conversion
equipment at home.  Turns out, it would mean a trip to
Kansas City.

A man named Paul ended being the official go-between to get
a tape tree tape together.  After a couple of weeks he
has now given a tape to a man named Bill (I don't know
either of these people).  Jorn says that Rocket Man is not
on this tape.  At this point I'm not sure what is, or if
this Bill man has something to do with the tape tree.

Jorn sent me a very long document concerning the intracacies
of the entire 2-week interaction.  Again, I had offered to take
ASPEL to Chris, but Jorn elected to go with Paul because I was
to be out of town.  I apologize to the Love-Hounds community
at large and in particular, to the patient Kate Bush fans
on the Tape Tree, for having incorrectly assumed that Chris
could do reasonable quality PAL-NTSC at home.  I further
must apologize that Rocket Man is not currently on the tape
that Paul gave to Bill.  I'm very sorry.

After re-reading Jorn's treatise, I am still unclear as to exactly
why there is no Rocket Man, except that it must be because somehow
Paul failed to get a copy from Chris.  Again, my sincere apologies
to Kate Bush fans eagerly awaiting Rocket Man.

Assuming that Bill is a good guy, which I have no reason to doubt
since I don't know him at all, I respectfully submit to
you all that the Tape Tree will be coming your way *real* soon
now.  I leave it to Jorn, who, now that I have offered my
deepest apologies, I'm sure will have no reservations about
being the sole reporter as to the status of the Tape Tree,
and will explain who Bill is.

One day, I truly hope Jorn and Chris can sort out their differences
and communicate directly.

If you have any questions about the above statement, I beseech
you to write me directly and *not* bog down love-hounds with
communication quite obviously tangential to our Lady of the Lake.
My email address is mjm@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com.

Jorn I hope this clears up any confusion between you and I.
If not, I will be happy to apologize some more. :-)

Peace.

-mjm