Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...

From: haldeman@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Gene Haldeman)
Date: 13 Jul 93 03:30:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Tape Tree: Humble Apologies...
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@netnews.upenn.edu

In article <930712154926_555063.0_FHI43-1@CompuServe.COM> MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:
>Well, to be honest I regret having ever gotten sucked into
>this mess, since I'm not even on the Tape Tree list.  Jorn asked
>me to act as an intermediary between himself and Chris W who
>are no longer on speaking terms.

<sigh>  This is so silly.  It's amazing to me that people who have at
least one very emotional, and very important thing in common (Kate Bush's
music) are willing to spend so much of their time and energy at
eachother's throats, and then sullenly retreat to a position of "not on
speaking terms."  Look at the destruction of life in Eastern Europe, the
starvation and firearms of Somalia, atrocities of equal import happening
in so many other places, and ask yourself if this is not childish.  Maybe
you should both re-listen to "The Dreaming" and wonder whether your
arguments with your mortal enemies can even touch the cry of a poor
vietnamese woman holding a grenade and wondering whether or not she should
pull out the pin.
	I'd be willing to allow both Jorn and Chris to send me their ten
biggest complaints against each other to my email address below.  I may
regret this, but I think you're both being childish and stubborn, and it
don't make sense.  Neither of you are childish; you're just acting that
way.  You both know better.  And you both know it ain't worth the stress.
On the other hand, you can email me and tell me to mind my own fucking
business.

>Peace.
>
>-mjm
It's a real good idea.