Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: coil vs kate

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 10:30:24 PDT
Subject: Re: coil vs kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Vishal Markandey explicates:

>>i can't imagine two more disparate groups (Coil & Kate), but i do have
>>CDs by both, so maybe there is more in common than i've noticed...

>Me too, I am quite a fan of both Kate and Coil.  Also, I am a huge fan of
>Throbbing Gristle.  You may wnat to check out some of their stuff - they were
>one of the groups that originally defined the Industrial genre and some of
>them went on to form Coil after TG broke up.

i am well familiar with TG, naturally.

i have been quite surprised at the number of email messages i've got
saying "hey, i like coil & kate as well!"

i vote for coil to remix something from the new kate album.

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.