Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions galore! canuhelp?

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: 3 Jul 1993 04:10:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Questions galore! canuhelp?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <930630124738.2380107c@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU> Z_MCWESTKJ@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU  ) (colleen's kari :) writes:

>i've been a KT fan since around 1980, and heavier since 1985, when i
>rediscovered her on the "cloudbusting" video on VH1's contemporary
>jazz show that was on late sunday nights. or was that 1986?

Strange.  Pre-TSW, the only time I've ever seen a KaTe video on VH-1/MTV
was when I saw "Cloudbusting" on VH-1 during the summer of 1988.  This was
on their late-sunday-night-contemporary-jazz-show.

>ok, first of all, as you notice i don't have *Never for Ever* YET!

JUST BUY IT!  NfE was the album that really got me into KaTe and it
contains my single favorite grouping-of-three:  "The Infant Kiss," "Night-
Scented Stock," and "Army Dreamers".

It's going to be impossible to find NfE with lyrics in the liner notes unless
you buy an important.  Don't put it off!

>some lyrics i can't grasp from "Suspended in Gaffa": anyone care to
>e-mail them to me? (esp the chorus)

Which part were you looking for?  The chorus is pretty simple:

"Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
 It all goes slow-mo
 I don't know why I'm crying
 Am I suspended in gaffa?
 Not until I'm ready for you
 Not until I'm ready for you
 Can I have it all?"

The part that most folks can't figure out are KaTe's whispered lyrics:

I caught a glimpse of a God, all shiny and bright

We all have a dream...maybe

Mother, where are the angels?  I'm scared of the changes.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |