Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ice skating

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: 3 Jul 1993 04:00:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Ice skating
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Jun27.113454.3880@eaglet.rain.com> johnz@eaglet.rain.com (Irgendwo in der Tiefe) writes:

>As far I know, Sumners is the only skater to do so, and only to TWW (she's
>performed it a number of times in recent months).  I've always thought that
>"Under Ice" would be particularly appropriate, especially if Caryn Kadavy,
>one of my favorite skaters, did it.  Or maybe Klimova and Ponomarenko.

Well, it's hardly the same thing as professional figure skating (nor
was it televised to a large audience), but for what it's worth, at the
Old Dominion Stunt Kite Championships last April, I flew a kite ballet routine
to "Under Ice" and, coincidentally, another fellow flew to "This Woman's
Work" the same day.  Neither of us placed.  :-(

As I was leaving the flying field, someone approached me and said, "Hey,
great music.  You don't often hear Kate Bush at these events."

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |