Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Running Up Thtatb Hill

From: haldeman@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Gene Haldeman)
Date: 3 Jul 93 05:55:43 GMT
Subject: Running Up Thtatb Hill
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@netnews.upenn.edu

In the interest of interest:
I don't know whether this is just me, but:
        I've seen very little here written about the song "All The
Love", from  The Dreaming, but this piece of music has hit me hard,
emotionally, from the first time I heard it.  I have rarely been able
to not cry.  It sems to me the epitome of the end of a relationship,
from the selfish fear of only being remembered vaguely to that
thought that one's answering machine message may be the only thing
that remains once something is over, and then, over on the other
side, the fear that calling back after a good-bye might be equally
disturbing, and the fear that continuing what is happening might be
equally damning.  It'd be interesting, I think, to hear opposing
viewpoints on this particular song.
<And, if yer shy, ye can do it by E-mail, to
haldeman@mail.sas.upenn.edu, and if I compile results, I promise
not to mention yer name>
So...does it make you cry/feel uncomfortable/hurt/wish you could
live a few years again?  Lemme know.