Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Questions galore! canuhelp?

From: Z_MCWESTKJ@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU (colleen's kari :))
Date: 30 Jun 1993 12:46:29 -0500
Subject: Questions galore! canuhelp?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@cs.utexas.edu

From: z_mcwestkj@ccsvax.sfasu.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 30 Jun 93 12:46:59 CST

hiya, everyone!

yes, there are KaTe fans in Deep-East-n-Dahrlin' Texas!

but, i haven't had the money or opportunities to buy all the goodies,
and out here, there just ain't a whole helluvalotta rare KT stuff
available *heavy sigh*.

i've been a KT fan since around 1980, and heavier since 1985, when i
rediscovered her on the "cloudbusting" video on VH1's contemporary
jazz show that was on late sunday nights. or was that 1986?

before i begin my list of questions (i'm sure several are FAQs, but
hey, i haven't found the KTB FAQ list yet) i'd like to share with
y'all what i have in my KT collection:

The Kick Inside  EMI-America cd
Lionheart        EMI (UK?) cd ("made in hayes, middlesex", bought as not
			an import)
The Dreaming     EMI-Manhattan cd
Kate Bush        EMI-America ep (Babooshka video cover)
Hounds of Love   EMI-America cd
The Whole Story  EMI-Am. lp
She's Having a Baby  soundtrack...promo lp
The Sensual World   Columbia (second issue?) cd
Aspects of The Sensual World cd ep
Love and Anger   UK cd ep
This Woman's Work (^^^^^^)
The Sensual World video (TSW, LaA, TWW)

ok, first of all, as you notice i don't have *Never for Ever* YET!
but i've been looking to find an EMI-America cd of it.
i've noticed that the EMI-Manh. cd i have has no lyric insert... did
they do that (cut-out the lyrics) with all Amer --> Manhattan cds,
and did the EMI-America version of *The Dreaming* have a lyric
booklet???

has anyone translated what the australian ab. says at the end of "The
Dreaming"?  and what is it?

some lyrics i can't grasp from "Suspended in Gaffa": anyone care to
e-mail them to me? (esp the chorus)

I remember when TSW first came out and i just didn't have the $$ to
get it... so i couldn't... then i noticed they changed the catalogue
number on the box, even the copper tint changed slightly. does anyone
have an orig. US cd and can you tell me the orig. cat number and the
dif. of the old and new? (like, is Columbia printed the same size as
the title, like on *Aspects...* on the spine of the jewel-case? new
one Columbia is half-size).

as you can see, the only b-sides i have are from the *Aspects...* and
LaA, and TWW cd singles.  what are the other b-sides (can someone
list these with their A-sides, too?) and is there a legal cd released
somewhere with some of these on it?  i DON'T have the $$$$ for the
box set...even if someone offered one for cheap!

is she still with del?  judging from vickie's posting, i guess so.

who is in the band on the "Love and Anger" video?
i see:
Dave
Rick Wright
Paddy

is Del on Bass, or is it the bassist listed in the liner notes (sorry
i fro-got his name!)
and is stuart on the drums?

am i missing anyone else?  the first time i saw the video was the
first time i heard the song and i just happened to be taping it (TBS
nite-tracks, dec 89?) ..... i cried.

so many more....

i cannot WAIT for September!!!!  i still haven't heard "Moments of
Pleasure" but from all of the wonderful reviews i've read...
especially Vickie's (***SIGH***) i think i'll go out and buy a midi
system so i can download a copy from someone!

i missed saving a copy of the lyrics from the net, can someone e-mail
the lyrics to me?  oh, please....purty pleeeeeeeeeezzz????

anywho, enuff fer now!

thanks a ton!

colleen's kari

| love is getting hugs just because you're there.  me =) |
z_mcwestkj@ccsvax.sfasu.edu
by way of the snail:
kari j. mcwest (scorpion-man)
box 15543 sfasu