Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Questions galore! canuhelp?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 93 19:28 CDT
Subject: Re: Questions galore! canuhelp?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <930630124738.2380107c@CCSVAX.SFASU.EDU> kari writes:

>but, i haven't had the money or opportunities to buy all the goodies,
>and out here, there just ain't a whole helluvalotta rare KT stuff
>available *heavy sigh*.

   Yep, prices have been pushed into the stratosphere.

>ok, first of all, as you notice i don't have *Never for Ever* YET!
>but i've been looking to find an EMI-America cd of it.
>i've noticed that the EMI-Manh. cd i have has no lyric insert... did
>they do that (cut-out the lyrics) with all Amer --> Manhattan cds,
>and did the EMI-America version of *The Dreaming* have a lyric
>booklet???

   EMI-Manhattan is a buget re-release label, and they usually skip
the lyric booklet. Original releases can often be found in used cd
shops.

>has anyone translated what the australian ab. says at the end of "The
>Dreaming"?  and what is it?

   No final answer on this one. Some theories, but nothing concrete.

>some lyrics i can't grasp from "Suspended in Gaffa": anyone care to
>e-mail them to me? (esp the chorus)

   See the earlier post about the ftp archive. If you can't use ftp,
I'll get them and mail them to you.

>am i missing anyone else?  the first time i saw the video was the
>first time i heard the song and i just happened to be taping it (TBS
>nite-tracks, dec 89?) ..... i cried.

   I'd be happy to send you our semi-comic analysis of "Love And Anger."

>i cannot WAIT for September!!!!  i still haven't heard "Moments of
>Pleasure" but from all of the wonderful reviews i've read...
>especially Vickie's (***SIGH***) i think i'll go out and buy a midi
>system so i can download a copy from someone!

   If you have a PC and Windows, a original Sound Blaster is about
$85.00. If you have a recent Mac, sound playback is built in. Midi
isn't needed. If all you have is a phone, give us a call -
(312) 508-KATE.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)