Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: please tell me this isn't

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 93 16:52:28 GMT
Subject: Re: please tell me this isn't
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <1prl48INNe3m@oak43.doc.ic.ac.uk> mr3@doc.ic.ac.uk (Matthias Radestock) writes:

>And that her voices fits well into PG songs has been proven by PG's latest album.

Um...postulated, perhaps.  I don't think US proved that or even provided
support for that thesis.  I could have easily done without her vocals on
those tracks.

>Concerning her attitudes: Let me just quote Kris Kristofferson when he introduced
>her at the Bob Dylan tribute:
>"...a woman whos name has become synonymous for courage and integrity..."

>She doesn't get her message across very well sometimes, but that's about the only
>thing one could critizise.

Well, that and her lack of perspective, her pretentious, arrogant demeanor,
her incredibly STUPID views (she has some of those, if her interviews are
any indication)...and let's not forget the fact that this woman has a
remarkable voice which needs some SERIOUS training.  Unless her performance
on Sat. Night Live with Kyle MacLachlan was a fluke, that is.

I own Sinead's first two albums.  I still listen to them occasionally.  I
also listen to Madonna and Duran Duran occasionally. Go figure.

Drewcypher
--
----bi    Andrew D. Simchik					SCHNOPIA!
\ ----    as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu				TreeWater