Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MTV Europe & Kate

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 93 13:16:42 +0200
Subject: MTV Europe & Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Markku writes:
> Are there any other MTV-Europe watchers here besides me and Ulrich Grepel?
> How about a letter writing campaign to MTV-Europe to persuade them
> to declare 30.7-1.8 as "Kate Bush Weekend"?
>
> This would give them a good reason to show all those videos that
> don't fit under that "Greatest Hits" title, like "Experiment IV",
> "Dreaming", "Breathing", ...

Or - what would be much more important - those interesting pieces like
the BBC Christmas Special (to get it in really good quality) or any other
of the 'underground' videos. But I don't think they would even come up
with anything that's that interesting: The Prince-weekend they did recently
will serve me as an example. I know a Prince fan who said that the Prince
fan club (whichever of them) has approached MTV Europe (early enough for
such a thing) with information like 'Please get the tape numbered xyz... from
the MTV USA archives, it's a pretty interesting Prince thingy', but they
didn't even bother to get the stuff from their American collaegues. They
wouldn't even had much work to do or money to spend (archive numbers were
given and it's - more or less - the same company), but they again showed only
the stuff that's absolutely boring for the collector kind of fans (insofar as
they already have that kind of stuff they play on xxx-Weekends).

But - I think it would be good to try it. KT even has a round birthday
this year, so it's a good idea.

Uli