Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: please tell me this isn't

From: mr3@doc.ic.ac.uk (Matthias Radestock)
Date: 6 Apr 1993 11:13:28 +0100
Subject: Re: please tell me this isn't
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <2942989197.1.p00421@psilink.com>, p00421@psilink.com (Dennis G Parslow) writes:
|> >DATE:   Fri, 2 Apr 1993 13:30:58 -0500
|> >FROM:   Ed Dambik <dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov>
|>
|> A friend and I have spent a few hours trying to figure that one
|> out...he even bought a couple World Party CD's to see if herself was
|> mentioned in the liner notes at all.  Nope.  However, I did find out
|> that she was doing backup vocals on The The's Mind Bomb.
|>
|> Dennis

Both, World Party and Sinead O'Connor are with the same record company (Ensign
records). Sinead sang backup vocals on World Party's "Private Revolution" album
("Hawaiian Island World") and "Goodbye Jumbo" (song: "Sweet Soul Dream"). She
doesn't however appear on the new album (as far as I now).

Sinead sang backup vocals on many records (the "Kingdom Of Rain" song on Mind
Bomb beeing on of them). I think the number of songs where she sings backup
vocals or which she covered exceeds the number of songs she's written herself.

And that her voices fits well into PG songs has been proven by PG's latest album.

Concerning her attitudes: Let me just quote Kris Kristofferson when he introduced
her at the Bob Dylan tribute:
"...a woman whos name has become synonymous for courage and integrity..."

She doesn't get her message across very well sometimes, but that's about the only
thing one could critizise.

Matthias

Matthias Radestock	rade@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de
			mr3@doc.ic.ac.uk
"Everyone can see what's going on.
 They laugh 'cos they know they're untouchable
 not because what I said was wrong."
		--Sinead O'Connor "The Emperor's new Clothes"--