Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: orbital and slipmats

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 93 00:21:29 EST
Subject: Re: orbital and slipmats
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jon druks:

>vickie sez:
>>              Re:     EQUIPOISE
>>                   State of Balance

>[54 lines of happy stuff AXED DELETED BURNED SNIPPED CUT ERASED AND PURGED]
>(with emacs C-@ and C-W, whoever's making that list of editor commands...)

Esc dd or d54 ret (vi)

>geez, just the definition would have sufficed.

But, you already knew the definition. *You* were the one who asked why
Happy used the title. Carrots m'boy, carrots help with memory (if I
remember correctly.)

>>Know anything about the group Orbital? (not The Orb, as far as I can tell)

>halcyon - samples Opus III "it's a fine day" and actually does
>          something COOL with it.  i'd guess this is the one that has
>	  piqued your interest since it's the current single.

Yepers, that's what I have. A friend sent me a tape with lot'so BOOM BOOM
stuff on it, and this song starts out the tape. (Other things on there
are Banco de Faia, G.O.L., The Step, Bassomatic, Vibraphonic, The Future
Sound of London(?), Bomb the Bass and Rising High Collective(?). I like
it all just fine, but it's hard to tell when one track ends and the next
begins which makes it hard to know which group is which.

Didn't Suns of Arqa and Float Up CP do all this years ago?

>the orb is dr alex paterson and thrash
>orbital is paul hartnoll and phil hartnoll

Thanks for the info!

<smooch!>

Auntie Vickie

    when your friends cannot see me
    but you see, what's that gonna
    say about your sanity
    they're gonna come and put you in
    a rubber room where i'll have the
    freedom to  get you  get you
    i can see it when i look into your
    eyes dear, i will feast on the smell
    of your sweet fear, i know your
    mommy said there weren't any devils
    but this little earth comes with
    many different levels
    oh                                Happy Rhodes