Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: orbital and slipmats

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 93 17:58:31 GMT
Subject: Re: orbital and slipmats
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9302230521.AA28138@pilot.njin.net> vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:
>But, you already knew the definition. *You* were the one who asked why
>Happy used the title. Carrots m'boy, carrots help with memory (if I
>remember correctly.)

No, carrots are eyesight.

I think fish are memory.

>>>Know anything about the group Orbital? (not The Orb, as far as I can tell)
>>halcyon - samples Opus III "it's a fine day" and actually does
>>          something COOL with it.  i'd guess this is the one that has
>>	  piqued your interest since it's the current single.
>Yepers, that's what I have. A friend sent me a tape with lot'so BOOM BOOM
>stuff on it, and this song starts out the tape. (Other things on there
>are Banco de Faia, G.O.L., The Step, Bassomatic, Vibraphonic, The Future
>Sound of London(?), Bomb the Bass and Rising High Collective(?). I like
>it all just fine, but it's hard to tell when one track ends and the next
>begins which makes it hard to know which group is which.
>Didn't Suns of Arqa and Float Up CP do all this years ago?

Who is Float Up CP?  If you compare them to the Suns, I want to find
them.

Despite what Jon will likely say to the contrary, Opus III is pretty
nice stuff too.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
They might be fake, they might be lies, They might be big, big, fake, fake lies