Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

orbital and slipmats

From: jondr@sco.COM
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 93 10:45:31 PST
Subject: orbital and slipmats
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jondr@sco.COM

y'all remember how i was going on about wanting a set of "madonna's
breasts slipmats"?  i was JOKING, really.  but i was in BPM this
weekend and they did actually have "generic female torso" slipmats.
just an artist's rendering of a set of mammalian protuberances popping
out of a corset.  god knows why you'd want something like that on your
turntable...

vickie sez:
>              Re:     EQUIPOISE
>                   State of Balance

[54 lines of happy stuff AXED DELETED BURNED SNIPPED CUT ERASED AND PURGED]
(with emacs C-@ and C-W, whoever's making that list of editor commands...)

geez, just the definition would have sufficed.

>Know anything about the group Orbital? (not The Orb, as far as I can tell)

i know everything about orbital.  i shook their hands, felt their bald
heads and gave them copies of my single.  nice guys but their music is
a tad monotonous.  (they probably say the same about me.)

my favorite orbital tracks:

the moebius - plinky percussion and star trek: tng samples.
steel cube idolatry - lovely sampled female vocal wailing
halcyon - samples Opus III "it's a fine day" and actually does
          something COOL with it.  i'd guess this is the one that has
	  piqued your interest since it's the current single.

my housemate swears by "belfast" but i think it's too sappy.

the orb is dr alex paterson and thrash
orbital is paul hartnoll and phil hartnoll

--
Jon Drukman (an emulsifier)                                       jondr@sco.com
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.