Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "MotorVoter Act-in"

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1993 17:26:29 GMT
Subject: Re: "MotorVoter Act-in"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

>    Sorry about raising the ugly head of politics in this gentle and fine
> news group.  I just had to add this... FWIW, I learned in Boy Scouts that

You've touched on a point that I would like to make a bit more strongly,
and I hope nobody takes this personally. I would actually like to ask
people *not* to post their political views to gaffa since:
	a) they are none of my business;
	b) they have nothing to do with Kate Bush or her genre (this is not
	   the same as objecting to postings that concern other artists
	   that Kate's fans might be interested in---I welcome that); and
	c) I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about the US election
	   anyway ;-) How would people in the US react if us Brits went on
	   about how crap Major is or the Australians started whining at us
	   about what a great idea the Commonwealth is and how would they
	   manage without the Queen? ;-)

Of course this is only one person's feeling and if you (addressing everyone
now) think I'm the only person who feels this way then I don't expect
you to stop posting your politics.

Flames by email please. I'll summarise to the net.
;-)

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /