Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "MotorVoter Act-in"

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 93 03:13:29 EST
Subject: Re: "MotorVoter Act-in"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

pages!bigdog!jon@uunet.uu.net (Jon Wright) writes:

>I realise this isn't really the place for it, but what is the
>"MotorVoter Act"?
>I saw it on someones reply about the Happy song yesterday and
>tried to look it up

Once signed into law, it will enable Americans to be automatically
registered to vote when they renew their driver's license. Simple
and easy.

Bush (the George kind) vetoed it. Clinton supports it. It's a small
item, but one that will affect millions of Americans. We make it very
difficult in this country to vote, which is one reason why millions
don't bother. I know that there's a case to be made against laziness,
but I still think the MV Act is a great idea.

Vickie