Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW on ice

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 93 09:45:50 -0800
Subject: Re: TWW on ice
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C1GtH8.658@acsu.buffalo.edu> you write:
>In article <9301260027.AA19137@wente.llnl.gov>, ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes...
>>I'm afraid your memory must not be as good as you think.  Torville
>>and Dean did their famous ice-dancing routine to the Ravel's Bolero,
>>which has no words.
>
>Not that one. It was the final program...I forget what is it called...where
>the skaters are allowed to create their own routines without having to
>put in the obligatory jumps, etc. She was wearing white and the singer in
>the piece of music was male.

Ah, now I know what you're talking about.  This was at the exhibition
that occurs near the end of every Winter Olympics.  This is not part of
the official competition, and so the rules are much looser.  For example,
vocal music is allowed.  So anyone who wants to can skate to "This
Woman's Work", as your original post said.  You just can't skate to this
song for any program for which you will be judged.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov