Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oh boy! TSW flamewar brewing!

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 92 17:27:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Oh boy! TSW flamewar brewing!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <1992Dec2.080202.4395@bradley.bradley.edu> pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman) writes:

>I dunno.  I usually listen to music with my ears.

>I can forgive poor sound quality, if the songs really kick up some
>dust.  Unfortunately, TSW didn't as a whole.  I adore This Woman's
>Work.  I was interested in the Vox Bulgares, and kinda marginally
>in the Dave Gilmour guitar work.  Beyond that, my own OPINION is
>that it did not live up to the expectations I have for someone who
>has done such wonderful things as The Dreaming, Hounds of Love,
>and Never For Ever. (my 3 favorites).

>Of course no one is right or wrong in matters of opinion.  I don't want
>to be told how unfair my opinion is any more than those who love the
>album want me to dig up the list of point-by-point criticisms of the
>album that has come up in previous wars over the issue.
>--
>Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
>                                Ma gavte la nata

I won't say anything about your opinion, because while I love TSW, I can see
why Katefans with different perspectives could dislike it.  I'm not starting
a flamewar, don't worry.

However, I would like you to dig up that list if it's not too much trouble.
You can E-mail it to me if you like.  I don't intend to post my agreements
and/or disagreements with the list; I'm just interested in reading it.

Thanks in advance!

Drewcifer
* Andrew David Simchik, a.k.a. Drewcifer ***************  SCHNOPIA! *******