Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oh boy! TSW flamewar brewing!

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 92 08:02:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Oh boy! TSW flamewar brewing!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I dunno.  I usually listen to music with my ears.

I can forgive poor sound quality, if the songs really kick up some
dust.  Unfortunately, TSW didn't as a whole.  I adore This Woman's
Work.  I was interested in the Vox Bulgares, and kinda marginally
in the Dave Gilmour guitar work.  Beyond that, my own OPINION is
that it did not live up to the expectations I have for someone who
has done such wonderful things as The Dreaming, Hounds of Love,
and Never For Ever. (my 3 favorites).

Of course no one is right or wrong in matters of opinion.  I don't want
to be told how unfair my opinion is any more than those who love the
album want me to dig up the list of point-by-point criticisms of the
album that has come up in previous wars over the issue.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                                Ma gavte la nata