Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

a couple new cds...

From: a virtual stranger <REWOICC%ERENJ.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 92 08:04:08 EST
Subject: a couple new cds...
To: love-hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

made a stop in my local record (and i do mean vinyl) shoppe yesterday and
spotted a couple cd bootlegs of KaTe that i had not seen before. _angels
on earth_ has been mentioned here previously, but i do not recall anyone
posting about a concert bootleg called _wow_.

this cd is on the great dane label and claims to be the amsterdam concert
of the tour of life. however, a quick listen revealed it to be yet another
cd pressing of the hammersmith video's audio track, and not a very good
one at that.

recommendation: avoid.

why oh why do cd bootleggers insist on reusing the names of vinyl bootlegs
when the cd does not have the same audio as the vinyl? this remains a my-
stery to me...

woj