Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: @@@@@@ KATE'S DESERT IsLAND DISKS @@@@@

From: marie@guppy.ai.mit.edu (Marie Lamb)
Date: 2 Dec 1992 19:06:41 GMT
Subject: Re: @@@@@@ KATE'S DESERT IsLAND DISKS @@@@@
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: marie@guppy.ai.mit.edu (Marie Lamb)

In article <e285uB7w165w@netrun.cts.com>, rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill) writes:
|> Someone asked about Kate's favorite songs, here's a list from a radioo
|> show from christmas 1980.  The full transcription is available in the
|> electronic book Cloudbusting.
|>

|> Traditional and "Classical" recordings
|>

|> "Song To Be Sung Of A Summer's Night On The Water," from a suite of
|> three songs for A Cappella choir, by Delius
Ah, this clears up a long-standing question of mine, regarding the song
"Delius" on NFE!  God, I love that album. :-)

|> "The Contest of the Ashoks" from Meetings With Remarkable Men, a film
|> made by Peter Brook.
This film was based on the book by Gurdjieff (sp?), another Kate reference
("Them Heavy People" on TKI).  It's an excellent book, BTW.  I recommend
it as a good introduction to Gurdjieff's philosophical works.

Can anyone come up with others I've missed?  Or does Kate explain them
herself in the transcription? (I haven't had a chance to read Cloudbusting
yet.)

Marie