Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

First Kate experience

From: KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 15:41 EST
Subject: First Kate experience
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I first came across Kate on Saturday Night Live, and thought she was
"interesting".  A few years later a friend made me a copy of her first
three albums, and I became more interested in her work, although I can't
say I was really "hooked" yet.  I started reading usenet around 1984,
and noticed Doug Alan commenting about "The Dreaming", and shortly
after that, "Hounds of Love" came out.  I bought HOL and that definitely
got me hooked.  Running Up That Hill is still my favorite Kate song.
I'd say the thing that really made me a fan was reading love-hounds
and learning the details about her songs.  Later on I picked up The
Dreaming on CD, then The Whole Story, and The Sensual World, and
finally the Box Set.  Listening to HOL and reading Love-Hounds also
made me go back to the earlier albums, and I enjoyed them even more
after knowing what the songs were about.

Bob

krovetz@cs.umass.edu