Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nobody liked Kate???

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 20:08:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Nobody liked Kate???
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <9211191616.AA26192@relay2.UU.NET> netwrk!pseserv1!sjw@uunet.uu.net (Steven Willis) writes:

>Folks,

>In reading over these latest Kate initiation stories, it seems like
>most of you didn't like Kate to start out.  If you didn't like her
>music to begin with, why did you "come back for more"?  The only
>thing I can relate this to is when I was a kid and my mother tried to
>get me to eat cauliflower.  I didn't like it then, and even though
>I had to eat it, I don't like it now (ooo, I can see the cauliflower
>flameware glowing on the horizon...).  Or is it more like the
>way top 40 stations and music video programs operate:  saturate the
>airwaves with a particular tune until everyone has heard it
>2.3 zillion times and buys it for whatever reason I don't know.

As it happens, I loved Kate from the very first ("Love and Anger").  But I
often find that I will hate an album or group the first time I hear it and
it grows to be my very favorite, while I love groups immediately and hate
them later.  Examples are the Cure (but they're not my favorite, I just like
them) and Nine Inch Nails (I'm *so* sick of Pretty Hate Machine),
respectively.

*  Andrew David Simchik *  DISCLAIMER: I said it... 			   *
*  a.k.a. Drewcifer     *  			No one else would!	   *							   *