Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gay/straight issue?

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 20:04:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Gay/straight issue?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <28706.9211191644@daiches.cogsci.ed.ac.uk> rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.UK (Richard Caley) writes:

>In article , andrew david simchik (ads) writes:

>ads> I'm bi myself, and I think it's just because we have good
>ads> taste.... ;)

>rjc> What a straight line...

>ads> Excuse me?  Was that intended as an insult?  That's how it was taken...

>Then you have amazing powers of reinterpretation. Far beyond mine
>certainly since I can't find anything in it beyond the obvious, and
>intended, slightly smutty inuendo. I suspect you found what you were
>looking for.

Sorry about that--I did totally misinterpret that.  I was not in a good mood
at the time and was feeling mighty paranoid anyway due to a game of Assassin
we're playing on campus.  BTW, I was recently shot with a banana...oh, the
shame!

Innuendo now understood and appreciated!  Sorry for the confusion.

>Obl. music&sexuality:	I like the song on 99.9F about the cross
>	dresser (or maybe transexual, I hav't worked it out). The
>	title escapes me, `As Girls Go'?.

I still haven't sat down to determine if that's solely about CD's.  I have
to listen closely and read carefully...it's so easy to misinterpret Suzanne
Vega, as well!

>--
>rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_
>					 |<

*  Andrew David Simchik *  DISCLAIMER: I said it... 			   *
*  a.k.a. Drewcifer     *  			No one else would!	   *							   *