Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suspended in Gaffa

From: Lauren Caulton <LAUREN@HARVARDA.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 13:43:56 EST
Subject: Suspended in Gaffa
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

This is the place to ask--what is "Suspended in Gaffa" about? I can
usually, eventually figure out Kate's songs, but this one is too
vague, even for me. Is Gaffa a place, or a substance? Is this something
only British people know?
One another note, have people heard the record by Utah Saints which samples
the song "Rainmaker" (I think that's the title)? They only use the part
where she sings "I know something good is going to happen", but the video
uses her video for the song. Talk about a sampling controversy: audio
and video rip-off.