Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sound quality / Peter Gabriel's "Us"

From: mattd@cltr.uq.oz.au (Matthew Deshon)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1992 23:56:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Sound quality / Peter Gabriel's "Us"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Mr. Time Waster)

as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (andrew david simchik) writes:

>I didn't print the entire article, but Mr. Ludwig's post mentioned that
>Peter Gabriel was "a d*mn good singer"...

>We won't mention technical aspects, but aesthetically he doesn't have the
>most beautiful of voices, does he?  I love his stuff, as I love Robyn
>Hitchcock's, but oft have I wished they had more dulcet pipes.  Peter's
>songs are gorgeous, and as correctly as he sings, I wish someone with a more
>pleasant timbre were singing them.

I reckon PG's voice suits the music he sings perfectly.  Do you not listen
to Lou Reed, Billy Bragg, Tom Waits, etc, simply because they don't have
perfect voices?  These people know how to write music which their own
voice will enhance.

I totally agree that his songs are gorgeous!

matt

--
Matt Deshon
Applications Programmer,                     "And all my instincts they return,