Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sound quality / Peter Gabriel's "Us"

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 92 23:52:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Sound quality / Peter Gabriel's "Us"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Drewcifer sez:

>I didn't print the entire article, but Mr. Ludwig's post mentioned that
>Peter Gabriel was "a d*mn good singer"...
>
>We won't mention technical aspects, but aesthetically he doesn't have the
>most beautiful of voices, does he?  I love his stuff, as I love Robyn
>Hitchcock's, but oft have I wished they had more dulcet pipes.  Peter's
>songs are gorgeous, and as correctly as he sings, I wish someone with a more
>pleasant timbre were singing them.

Funny--I was just commenting to a friend about the fact that Gabriel
is one of the few male singers I listen to who has what I consider
to be an incredibly sensual, sexy, and appealing voice.  But then I
s'pose I've always wanted Gabriel all to myself...;-)

obKaTe--"The Sensual World" is one of the most sensual songs every written/
performed.  KaTe makes this kinsey6 quiver in the knees when she
sighs "mmmh, yes"

(and to jump into the recent thread, I was disappointed by TSW when it
came out, but it's probably my 3rd or 4th favorite KaTe album and I
listen to it a lot more the TKI, LH, or the two B-sides discs.  No question
that it's got problems, but they don't get in the way of my enjoyment)

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |