Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Misc

From: usenet@transfer.stratus.com (Mr. Network News)
Date: 21 Aug 92 17:29:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Misc
To: rec-music-gaffa%uunet.uu.net@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <aaDsPB2w165w@netrun.cts.com> rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald
hill) writes:
>         Eric asked if the version of "Here Comes The Flood" is simular
> the one on the "Shaking the tree" record.  Well, I don't know!  As I
> don't have the "Shaking The Tree" record.  THe one from the Christmas
> show was pretty simple, and I seem to remember that there was another
> version of the song on one of Robert Fripp's albums that was also very
> simple, but don't quote me.  I'm not much into rare-gabriel.  :-)

There are three versions of PG's HCTF.  The first is from PG's first solo
albumn (1977; the one with the car on it).  That's my personal fav.  There
is one on Fripp's Exposure albumn (1979).  Fripp adds his electronic magic
to the song, but PG still sings it.  And last year, a very different piano
solo version appeared on PG's "Shaking the Tree" albumn.

All of them are good and each is a little different.

Dave_Wetzel@vos.stratus.com