Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Back to the rudiments!

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 09:51:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Back to the rudiments!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

the Angriest |>oug in the World (he's so mad, bullets don't hurt him)
(anyone who gets that reference gets a free footah, suitable for framing)
(anyway, our founder) says:

> I created this forum to be a place where infinite amounts of
> discussion and trivia about Kate Bush would be tolerated and
> encouraged -- not a place where other creative artists were to be
> excluded.  This is why the name of the newsgroup is not
> "rec.music.kate-bush"!
>
> Your attitude nausiates me, as does the attitude of the people who
> ostracized the Happy Rhodes fans.

and fortunately, gaffa/LH remains a place for discussion of all types
of music -- i think we can all forgive the occasional confused post by
a newcomer...

note that though the bulk of the Happy Rhodes discussions have moved
to "Ecto", most of the people involved have stayed with gaffa as well
(your humble footah included).  Ecto has definitely continued the
gaffa-spirit of an open forum for discussion of music from all corners
of the globe, particularly underexposed music by women, so |>oug, your
idea is definitely alive and well :)

speaking of Tori, Dave (hi Dave! :) says:

> [...]bobscott@access.digex.com (Bob Scott) writes:
>> [...]craig%sware.com@mathcs.emory.edu (Craig Heath) writes:
>>>I can't think of more specifics, but I did develop a certain suspicion
>>>that she doesn't like men very much (quite probably for good reason, that's
>>>not supposed to be a criticism).
>>
>> My reactions EXACTLY to seeing Tori at the Birchmere in DC.  My wife and I
>> had the opportunity to chat with her briefly after the performance and I was
>> struck with how warm she was with Kathy and how distant she was with me.  I
>> wasn't offended, but sort of saddened.
>> Fortuntately, Kathy picked up the ball and got our CD autographed for me!
>
>Hum, when a group of us saw her in MA, we talked with her after the
>show.  She seemed very friendly and I didn't get *any* impression that
>she "doesn't like men".  How do the others that were there feel?
>Greg?  Jess?

i found her delightful, intelligent, and warm -- as much with myself
and the other men as with jessica, meredith, etc... :)  given her, mm,
provocative performances, she may find some of her male fans'
reactions a bit frustrating, and i could certainly understand a bit of
caution from her, but my impression was certainly otherwise :)

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot