Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mr. MRS update

From: Mr MRS <NY911179%PACEVM.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 10:39:25 -0700
Subject: Mr. MRS update
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Hello.  Mark Susskind again.  I finally found Live at the Hammersmith Odeon.
It was on sale in Tower (Greenwich Village), not J & R Music World, Sam Goody,
or The Wiz, where I have been looking (I never thought to ask for a special
order before someone suggested it here).  I also bought and played _Lionheart_.
Love 'em; love 'em all.  Well, what did you expect? =)

Sidebar comments?:
In my previous post, I stated that I wondered if most Kate Bush fans are men,
since, of all the people with whom I share music information, I estimated that
80 percent of the Kate Bush fans are the men.  Has anybody else noted something
like this?

Tori Amos and other unKate:
I finally played the rest of _Little Earthquakes_, and I bought and played
_Crucify_.  OK, she sounds a /little/ like La Kate, especially her little
cadenza around 'chains' in "Crucify"'s chorus, and in some other key points
that I cannot recall now, but I still think that she sounds more like Sara
Hickman (has anybody here tried Hickman out yet?)
Sarah McLachlan--my favorite track between _Touch_ and _Solace_ is still "Vox".
Julee Cruise--all the songs sound similar on _Floating_.  Does she have any-
thing else out by now?
Concrete Blonde, Siouxie and the Banshees:  quite strange (to me) indeed!
I saw a Diamanda Galas disc in Tower, but I didn't get around to checking her
out yet.

Respectfully,
Mark R. Susskind - Mr. MRS
<NY911179 @ PACEVM.BITNET>