Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Back to the rudiments!

From: STEPHEN <"med::ruddock"@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 14:09:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Back to the rudiments!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

From: ruddock@med.wcc.govt.nz
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 21 May 92 09:10:37 +1200

In article <67267@apple.Apple.COM>, nessus@mit.edu (Doug Alan) writes:

> 1. Drop dead.

Oh very nice!  I hope the nomination for Nobel Peace Prize has
been withdrawn.

Sorry, maybe I should put more smiley faces and IMHOs all over
the place.  I agree Vive la Difference!  But please...I've
listened and I've listened but the more I listen to Bory Aimless
the more I find she has a very empty featureless voice and sombre
and depressing.  Hey, IMHO.

> 2. There is a Tori Amos mailing list now.

To use an American vernacular:  `Yay team!'

> 3.  My opinion may not count anymore than anyone else's, and I'm not
>     the current moderator, but I *did* create the rec.music.gaffa
>     newsgroup and the Love-Hounds mailing list, and I did not create
>     them to be a single artist discussion group.  The only reason this
>     forum exists is because I was forcibly expelled from
>     rec.music.misc (at the time, net.music) for posting so many
>     articles about Kate Bush.  I created this forum to be a place
>     where infinite amounts of discussion and trivia about Kate Bush
>     would be tolerated and encouraged -- not a place where other
>     creative artists were to be excluded.  This is why the name of the
>     newsgroup is not "rec.music.kate-bush"!

Hey I love variety!  My tastes extend from Kate Bush!!! through
Sex Pistols, Clash to ABBA.  I've given Bory Aimless a go and
I'll keep doing so, I just complained about the deluge of Tori
stuff and the dearth of Kate stuff (true the next album will
eclipse almost all other discussion).  Thank you to the person
who suggested the SKIP command!  I'll also pay closer attention
to the titles too.