Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bel Canto / Dolly De Luxe

From: farrellj@aqua.pc.ocunix.on.ca (Farrel McGovern)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 17:29:35 -0700
Subject: Bel Canto / Dolly De Luxe
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Norvald.Stol@delab.sintef.no writes:

> Hey!
> Guess I should comment on the info on these bands lately.
>
> Dolly De Luxe is also norwegian (NOT swedish as someone said); they are
> from a place called Baerum, just outside Oslo. They don't use the name
> Dolly De Luxe anymore. They picked this name as young teenagers while
> performing pop music. Nowadays they prefer their real names:
> Benedikte Adrian and Ingrid Bjoernov. (The 'oe' substitutes a norwegian lette
> "Which Witch" has been released on CD/LP at least twice, and is still
> developing. If everything goes according to plans the rock opera will be
> performed in London soon (autumn 92 - 1993 ?). It has already been performed
> all over Norway. The well known british writer Fay Weldon is helping them
> out with some of the lyrics.

Hi!

   Thanx for the Info on Dolly De Luxe...so does that mean the CD is out
under their names? (Which Witch, that is), as well, has Rock vs Opera been
released on CD? What label are they with now...still A&M (I think that is
the label Rock vs Opera was one...)...Do you know any of this info? If so,
thanx! If not, Thanx for the info you have supplied! I am really impressed
by their work, and the Video of "Eternally" still sends shivers down my
spine when I watch it!

ttyl
     Farrell