Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori's KaTe influence

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1992 12:06:02 -0700
Subject: Tori's KaTe influence
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <66903@apple.Apple.COM> GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk writes:

>I imagine Tori is probably fed up with the KaTe comparison being made, but I
>would suggest that she has already paid a tribute to KaTe as a major influence
>by choosing the front cover art of "Little Earthquakes" to echo the American
>cover art for "The Kick Inside". Perhaps, if someone on the list gets the
>chance to interview Tori, they could ask whether the similarity is intentional.
>I can't believe it isn't.

Well, you haven't been reading .gaffa too closely. Vickie (of V'n'C fame) asked
Tori after the Chicago concert, and she denied the KaTe influence for the Tori
in a box cover. This along with the fact that she seemed irritated after
John Norris mentioned KaTe at the MTV special, makes me wonder:
Is Tori a KaTe-fan? Or is everyone just speculating?

Angelos
-------
'the freedom of the highway beckons blue jeans, fast cars'