Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the earthquake inside

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1992 11:56:33 -0700
Subject: the earthquake inside
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Geoff suggests:
>I imagine Tori is probably fed up with the KaTe comparison being made,
>but I would suggest that she has already paid a tribute to KaTe as a
>major influence by choosing the front cover art of "Little
>Earthquakes" to echo the American cover art for "The Kick Inside".
>Perhaps, if someone on the list gets the chance to interview Tori,
>they could ask whether the similarity is intentional.  I can't believe
>it isn't.

Vickie Mapes asked Tori this question in chicago a few weeks back, and
Tori said that the similarity was a coincidence...  whether she was
telling the truth or not is a different matter ;)  but there is no
evidence at this point that Ms. Amos is inclined to lie...

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot