Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1992 00:16:29 -0700
Subject: Stuff
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Andy asked about Be_Kind_To_My_Mistakes on the Theodore album.  This
is the SAME version that is on the box set.  It's the crappy version,
everybody likes the original better.  The original is only availible on the
boxed set and on the rare and expensive _The_Can_ bootleg.  Here's IED's
description of the differences:

    Just a note about "Be Kind to My Mistakes": the original version, which
appeared on the soundtrack album of the movie "Castaway", is considerably
different from the version which came out as a b-side in support of "The
Sensual World" album. The early version is a little rougher, a little more
"live" in sound quality, and is a good deal longer in playing-time. Kate
edited out some twenty-four bars of music (not verses, but instrumental
passages) when she prepared the recording for release in 1989/90. There are
some wonderful moments of playing by Kate's musicians on the original, and
the extra length gives the song a much different atmosphere than its later
CD mix. On the other hand, the "dryer" sound of the CD version, as well as
some tinkering with the rhythm track, make it fascinating to listen to as
well.

        I saw something on a new preview that said "HAMMER stinks up the
stage."  Naturally I thought, "well he does all the time anyway!"  But I got
the feeling something happened.  Did anyone hear anything about this?  I've
anxiously been waiting for the "fall" for years now!

Ron "Suspended in Gaffa" Hill

--
INTERNET:  rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!rhill