Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Babooshka and Leave It Open

From: lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1992 23:47:20 -0700
Subject: Babooshka and Leave It Open
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

OK, first I never had Russian but I knew what babooshla meant, perhaps it
has to do with me hanging out with a lot of Russian Jews when I was growing
up. I also noticed (thanks to Russian Jewish friends) that babooshka can
also be the name for a little hat. Incidently this hat is picture on the
sleeve of the Russian blue flexi disk for Kate's Babooshka.
Second, upon hearing Leave It Open I noticed that she is saying "We let the
weirdness in" and it seems (to me) to alternate with "Leave your life open"
but added into this weird manner that Kate recorded these lines there does
seem (again to me) that she definitely put something in there backwards for
a brief moment. I can hear this better when using earphones but not at all
if played over speakers coverign the whole room. I'll go listen to it again
to note the exact starting and ending time of this "backward message" I'm
hearing, it is a shorter duration than the "we let the weirdness in" segment
of the song.
                                --- Lionheart

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart