Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thanx for ML creation info. (sorry, folks :-( )

From: ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1992 23:30:30 -0700
Subject: Thanx for ML creation info. (sorry, folks :-( )
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: alt.music.enya, rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Usenet system)

G'day,

I asked in rec.music.misc and rec.music.gaffa (but not in alt.music.enya as I
didn't know it existed at the time) about how does one create a mailing list
and what is involved.

Well, firstly, thanks to all those who replied to my message.  It really was
surprising at the number of responses.

Regretably, however, I've decided to put the idea on hold for the time being
as because of the lack of software (and time to develope newly written ones) at
our site, managing a mailing list regarding enya manually would be a little too
much for me.

Maybe some other time.

But don't dispair.  There is a mailing list:
	enya-request@boulder.colorado.edu
in existance.  I have no idea what info it has as I have not subscribed to
it yet (but will eventually).  But at least there is something out there...

Just a thought on mailing lists:  below are the possible subjects regarding
enya --
	1.  Frequently Asked Questions List (FAQL)
	2.  Discography
	3.  Interviews (and these will increase as her music becomes more
	    popular)
	4.  Transcribed articles.
	5.  Her days with Clannad,  and indeed Clannad themselves.
	6.  Other artists she worked with - Christy Moore, Sinead O'Connor,
	    ect.
	7.  Her songs and the influences.
	8.  Translation to english of her non-english works (Gaelic and Latin)
	9.  Family Tree (believe me, she comes from a LARGE family!! and it is
	    tricky to keep track off)

	....   ect.

	and whole lot of other things...

So you can see it can take a bit of disk space and there will be a bit of time
involved in managing this info.

If you are interested, I do have some info on enya.  Just send a bellow to
	ml@vcp.monash.edu.au

Cheers,
Mik.

*    Mik Lipcsey, Computer Systems Officer, Victorian College of Pharmacy,    *
*         Monash University, 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, Australia.          *
* Aarnet:  ml@vcp.monash.edu.au  *  'Open the Pod Bay Door, please, HAL' 2001 *
* I am home, I know the way,             \_____---- 'Evening falls...' (1988) *
* I am home, feeling, oh, so far away... /                   Roma Ryan & Enya *
* For so great a treasure, words will never do... ---------- 'Angeles' (1991) *