Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WOW & Warhol, rating & s*m*

From: Tim O'Connor <toc@instance.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 11:39:12 -0700
Subject: WOW & Warhol, rating & s*m*
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@wiretap.SPIES.com>

REGARDING                WOW & Warhol, rating & s*m*n, Jon & Tori
people:

Whilst performing my final flip thru the channels last Friday (or was it
Saturday?) I caught a PBS show on Andy Warhol just at the end of the opening
segment.  I noticed faint background music fading away.  Could it have been
"WOW"?  Did anyone else catch the show?

On the subject of rating Kate and her works.  Back in the early days of this
newsletter there was quite a bit of discussion on the use of language,
certain words, such as f*ck and sh*t being felt by many to be inappropriate.
article on the use of semen in Kate's songs.  Examples such "sticky love
inside", "little fishes", "Nice to Swallow", etc. were discussed.  Not a
single word in the article to which anyone could object.  The discussion of
appropriate language immediately ceased (tho' it may have been at this point
that the newsletter became moderated.  Historians?).  Anyway, look it up in
the archives.  It remains a wonderful piece of prose.

Speaking of reserved, c'mon Jon, lighten up!  Many of us enjoy talk about
Tori Amos and others interspersed with Kate news and views.  I for one would
like to see these discussions continue IN THIS GROUP.  I think the short
lived Warm Room split demonstrated that others might agree (or did Jorn just
lose my address?).  Oh, and Jon, don't read the next paragraph.

Irreverent (irrelevant?) thought about Tori Amos.  Would anyone know if her
middle name would just happen to start with 'N'?  Her initials could be the
whole reason MTV is interested in her :-)

to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered conservatively about."