Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brazil & KaTe sound quality

From: wiltel!dlocke@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 10:42:40 -0700
Subject: Brazil & KaTe sound quality
To: uunet!eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Message-Id: value found on wiretap.Spies.COM:Message-Id: <9204131742.AA01212@wtg58> ^-missing newline (LF)

Brazil:

By an interesting coincidence I was reading an interview with Terry
Gilliam in some laser disc magazine last week, and the subject of the
different versions of Brazil came up in the interview.  Gilliam says
there are *5* versions of Brazil.  I don't have the mag. in front of
me, but I believe there are 2 "European" versions (theatrical & video)
and 2 "American" versions (also theatrical & video), and finally the
infamous "TV" version wherin the ending was changed.

If anyone really cares, I'll dig up the article and send along more
detailed info.

KaTe KonTent:

Having recently purchased new speakers, I'm listening to KaTe stuff with
a "new" ear.  I noticed that, on a couple of cuts from the CD "The Whole
Story", the sound of KaTe's voice is quite rough.  On some cuts her
voice sounds fine.

I recall seeing some discussions, probably a long time ago, regarding
people's opinions of the relative sound quality on Kate's albums verus
CD's.  I'd like to review those old discussions if anyone has them
saved, or knows when they occured, or whatever.  One thing I seem to
remember was a review of Sensual World in "The Absolute Sound"; I'd
like to see that, too.  Any help along these lines would be most
appreciated!

-Dick