Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Diamanda

From: jessica@dartagnan.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 11:18:51 -0700
Subject: Re: New Diamanda
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

farrellj@aqua.pc.ocunix.on.ca (Farrel McGovern) writes:

>  I have seen Sarah a few times now, and she never sang the same cover in
>another show. I am pretty sure that if you heard her cover a song, she would
>not sing it again in concert...

She did "Gloomy Sunday" (a billy holiday song) in boston, and reviews
posted from m any other shows (chicago and NY at least) also mention
that song.

I'm also pretty sure she has done the talk talk cover more than once.

I tihnk she just has a few different song she likes to cover, but will
only perform one (or at most two) covers each concert. Makes sense,
really. so I'd geuss she just picks the one whe's most in the mood for
that night. (though she seems to always close with Gloomy Sunday
recently).

				jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||