Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open

From: jamcdani@zia.ucs.indiana.edu ("jennifer mc daniel")
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 12:49:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (USENET News System)

In article <65318@apple.Apple.COM> s.telford@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
writes:
> In article <65286@apple.Apple.COM>, vjmurphy%carina.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu
(Phred T. Platypus) writes:

> >    Could someone e-mail me the text of the backmasked message
> >  from Kate's Leave it Open from the Dreaming album?  It's confusing
> >  me.
> It's not really a "secret message" at all: just "We let the wierdness
> in" being sung backwards (Kate's quite good at this 8^)

She's good at what? At singing backwards, or letting the weirdness in?
;)

> and played
> back backwards. Actually, if you play the track backwards it soulds a
> lot like "They said they were very ill..." which may or may not be
> coincidence (hmmm...maybe it is a secret message after all....8^)

In that case, who would have been ill, IYO?

    Jenni McDaniel, Indiana University, Department of Psychology
"All we ever look for: a god...a drug...a great big hug." -KaTe Bush
 Big ol' IU taking the opinions of one undergrad?!? Yeah, right....