Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 06:59:45 -0700
Subject: Re: Backmasking in Leave it Open
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <65286@apple.Apple.COM>, vjmurphy%carina.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Phred T. Platypus) writes:

>    Could someone e-mail me the text of the backmasked message
>  from Kate's Leave it Open from the Dreaming album?  It's confusing
>  me.

It's not really a "secret message" at all: just "We let the wierdness
in" being sung backwards (Kate's quite good at this 8^) and played
back backwards. Actually, if you play the track backwards it soulds a
lot like "They said they were very ill..." which may or may not be
coincidence (hmmm...maybe it is a secret message after all....8^)

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,      electric mail: s.telford@ed.ac.uk
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.