Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Le Moon Seven Times Info/Update

From: brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1992 13:44:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Le Moon Seven Times Info/Update
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com (Love-Hounds)

The following was created and performed by woj@remus.rutgers.edu:
|brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield) sez:
|>     M7x will be releasing a single in late April of the 7" variety.
|will this be on third mind as henry said in the last newsletter? also, do

     The single is going to be on Parasol records, the same Parasol here in
Urbana, Illinois.  The main purpose was to spread the single locally and to
send it to other record stores and stations, I would guess.
     From what Henry has said, my guess is that the CD will come out at the
start of the next academic semester, give or take.  The single oughta fill
in the space pretty well, although I'm impatiently drooling for more
material.

|you have any idea about availability and distribution. i'd like to get this
|at a record store rather than having to order it directly from them.

     I'll find out, but my guess is that you'll have to order it.  I'm not
really sure you'll need to, I _think_ the tracks will be My Medicine and
Motion, which are on the tape and will be on the CD.  If you're interested,
I'll see if I can get one sent to the Record Purveyor Nearest You.

|>If anyone has any suggestions for good targets for the single, I'd love to
|>hear them.
|hmmm...actually, despite it being the track that appeared on _heart's lust
|in limbo_, "miranda" would make a good single in my opinion. it's a strong
|track and features all the changes that the band has gone through since get-
|ting rid of steve jones (specifically, brendan on drums).

     I agree.  I think Miranda is the best song for popularity's sake, but
My Medicine and Motion may be more attention grabbing, I don't know.  More of
what I meant by target (alright, ambiguous, my fault) was what targets are good
to promote alternative singles nowadays?  Basically I have no idea how the
"indie" bands manage to spread the word; which stations and stores to send
singles...Just rampant curiosity.

|>     Lynn's voice has improved a lot.
|she's also done more interesting things with it. when she was with area, i
|felt that sometimes, she didn't use her full potential. this isn't quite
|reaching that plateau either, but it's getting there. i agree with ken here:
|melt melt melt.

     :-)  I don't think you'd believe what gigs (practice, practice, practice)
is doing for her voice.  Lynn's voice with the control of Caroline Crawley.
     Eep.

[...]
--
							Ken.