Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Le Moon Seven Times Info/Update

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1992 15:15:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Le Moon Seven Times Info/Update
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield) sez:
>     The single is going to be on Parasol records, the same Parasol here in
>Urbana, Illinois.

actually, that's fine. i can mail order from parasol and show sales. that
is what i'm more concerned about.

>     I agree.  I think Miranda is the best song for popularity's sake, but
>My Medicine and Motion may be more attention grabbing, I don't know.

i listened to the tape a feww more times and thought about it and decided
that "her house" and "my medicine" were better tracks that "miranda". i
dunno why either, but they just seem to be good together and also display
those qualities i was talking about before (showcasing new strengths, etc).

and what is the song "motion"? no song of that name appears on the tape i
have. is this one of the new ones? or a renamed old one?

and "sweet magnolias" can be the followup power ballad. ;)

>what targets are good to promote alternative singles nowadays?

a good question since no one (except for a small group of folks) seem to
even consider the single a viable form of release anymore. amongst that
group, which includes labels like slumberland in the united states and
many many many labels in britain, the word seems to be spread mostly by
word-of-mouth, constant gigging and so forth. radio promotion in the
college realm rarely makes a difference (no matter how many times michael
stipe thanks college radio in his acceptance speeches). getting the single
added at a "pop progressive" station like wxpn or whfs or kits is a good,
but hard, thing to do. but really, word of mouth is often the best - and
in this case, the m7x has electronic dissemination at its disposal as
well...

>     :-)  I don't think you'd believe what gigs (practice, practice, practice)
>is doing for her voice.  Lynn's voice with the control of Caroline Crawley.

don't let brant nelson hear you say that. he'll castrate you! ;)
--
woj - he's a long kebab through your ovaries - where's those angels...?