Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1992 16:40:07 -0800
Subject: Stuff
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Rene Baart asked about getting stuff out of the archives in ways
other then FTP.  Another way would be the FTPmail server I described in the
monthly post, but that would be slower then FTP probably.  The text version
of Cloudbusting will be available as a ZIP file also so that should be
somewhat faster.  Also, there will be a "chain-disk" system set up for
Cloudbusting and the first GARDEN disk where one person mails it to another,
etc.  (details will be posted after Cloudbusting is posted).  Another way to
get some of the files is from the GENIE network, but that of course costs
money.  Another idea is that the new version of Cloudbusting will be broken
up into smaller files (200k max), but of course that probably won't slow
down the total time needed to get it.  ANother idea is that the FTP mail
server has something called "compress" and "Compact" that shrink the size of
files, thought I don't know if standard FTP has that or not.
        All and all, FTP is probably the best way of getting stuff, for
those lucky enough to have it (not me!).

--
INTERNET:  rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!rhill