Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 'Ello?

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1992 11:22:28 -0800
Subject: Re: 'Ello?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <63556@apple.Apple.COM> rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill) writes:
>        Does anyone know which record award THE WHOLE STORY got?  Was it
>TRIPLE Platinum or QUADRUPLE PLATNUM or what?  Thanks.

Well, as I'm sure you're aware, in the US it didn't get any of these awards.
So I assume you're asking what award it got in Britain.  I know that at the time
of the 1987 BPI Awards it had gone double platinum there.  I don't know if
it got any more platinum after that.  Nor do I know the situation in other
countries.

In case you're wondering, in the US gold means 500,000 sold, platinum means
1,000,000.  In Britain, I believe gold means 100,000 sold, platinum means
300,000.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov