Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Taking the Pseudo- out of Pseudo-Moderator?

From: The World Famous Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1992 15:59:19 -0800
Subject: Taking the Pseudo- out of Pseudo-Moderator?
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Do readers really want Love-Hounds to become truly moderated, and have
extraneous articles (for some definition of extraneous) filtered out?

I could do this.  But there are catches.

The first catch, the obvious one, is that rec.music.gaffa would no longer
be an immediate forum.  Articles would not show up and be available for
reading until the moderator got around to posting it.  Some would say this
is a good thing.

The second catch is that the delay between posting an article and seeing it
show up would probably be directly related to how busy I was that day.  Sad
to say, Love-Hounds is not at the top of my personal priority totem pole.

The third catch is that my definition of what articles are suitable for
inclusion would probably be entirely arbitrary.

So, do I turn Love-Hounds into a truly moderated mailing list/newsgroup?  Or
does discussion (such as it is) continue unhindered?  You decide.

Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775
I want to be a scholar, but I really can't be bothered