Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe & gabriel

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 20:17:12 -0800
Subject: Re: KaTe & gabriel
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk> sez:
>In article <29637@well.sf.ca.us>, janson@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Janson) writes:
>> Today, I saw what appeared to be some kind of a KaTe bootleg.  The CD
>> was pressed in Italy, and was called somthing like "Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel
>> 1979 Live"

>> Does anyone know anything about this?  The only reason I didn't pick it
>> up was its OUTRAGEOUS price tag ($40)!  I don't remember all the tracks
>> that were on it; I _do_ remember seeing "Here Comes The Flood" (some kind of
>> duet with Peter?)

>Bill Duffield, just after the Tour of Life. I've heard a boot tape of
>this, (ta Evan!) and it's pretty unlistenable [...]

yow! so this show has been pressed on a cd now? i hadn't know that - i
thought that it was only available on the lp entitled _if you could see
me fly_ (not to be confused with the cd of the same name which contains
the cathy demos). hmmm...

the $40 price tag is not too outrageous if you are on the west coast -
import bootlegs such as this one generally cost about that much in the
western part of the states. if you are in the east though, any price over
around $30 is inflated.

the only other possibility is that this is the bbc special since that too
features KaTe and peter - with "here comes the flood" appearing in that
setlist as well. has anyone else seen this cd?

woj