Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe & gabriel

From: jdfigueroa@ucdavis.edu (Tara Marchand)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1992 13:36:24 -0800
Subject: Re: KaTe & gabriel
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ucdavis.edu

In article <29637@well.sf.ca.us> janson@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Janson) writes:
>Today, I saw what appeared to be some kind of a KaTe bootleg.  The CD
>was pressed in Italy, and was called somthing like "Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel
>1979 Live"
>
>Does anyone know anything about this?  The only reason I didn't pick it
>up was its OUTRAGEOUS price tag ($40)!  I don't remember all the tracks
>that were on it; I _do_ remember seeing "Here Comes The Flood" (some kind of
>duet with Peter?)

I've seen this as well.  The copy I saw was called something like _Angels on
Earth_ (I don't remember exactly), and it had two songs with Peter Gabriel on
it, I think.  I had a chance to listen to it and was pretty impressed.  The
sounds quality definitely left something to be desired, but the renditions of
some of the songs were pretty interesting--there were neat little intros, that
kind of thing.  Like you, I didn't pick it up because of its large price tag,
$35 in this case.
--
Tara R. Marchand                                     "Strains my credibility
Internet: ez007643@ucdavis.edu                   To think that maybe I am happy