Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Booklet (again)

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1992 15:03:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Booklet (again)
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In the referenced article, lionhart@netlink.cts.COM (Jackie Zucconi) writes:
>    To continue babbling....I also noticed the "up yours Ugly" etched into
>the vinyl on the picture disc and wondered as to what it meant. Perhaps
>there is a connection to John Hughes since the song was originally written
>for one of his movies. Can anyone find any other etchings on her singles
>besides: Cloudbusting --- "for Peeps"
>         December Will Be --- "Merry Christmas"

Actually, I believe it says ``Happy Christmas''.

>         Breathing --- "We all share the same air"
>         The Empty Bullring --- "Happy anniverary to the P's"

The P's could be the Picasso's.

>         Army Dreamers --- "Life is to Love"
>         Sat in your Lap --- "Well done J. B. 1st Dan"
>         Lord of the Reedy --- "Thank you Donovan"

Donovan wrote "Lord Of The Reedy River".

>         The Dreaming --- "for Rolf"

Rolf Harris, Ozzie digeridu wiz (Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Mate).
--
If you are interested in joining a They Might Be Giants mailing
list, drop a line to they-might-be-request@gnu.ai.mit.edu.